CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 9, 2009

Family Fun Day!

We all played hookey today - it was great, even though we were setting a very bad example for the kids. Darion was thrilled to stay home from school (that's a no brainer). I was desperately in need of a day of R&R before my boss leaves for 3 weeks. Jon's boss was out of town...thus - FAMILY FUN DAY!

We had a huge breakfast and started dehydrating apples from a friends orchard. We started a batch of applesauce that lead directly into a batch of apple butter...yummo!

Around 11:00 we went with the Batchelders to Red River. There is a great park with a tennis court converted to a skate park and an awesome frisbee golf course. It was chilly while we were eating our picnic, but once we got out the frisbees and skateboards, and footballs, we all warmed right up. I've never played frisbee golf - there was reason to believe that I never should again... Dalton showed promise and Darion was awesome at jumping across the river to retrieve my wayward frisbees. Did you know that there are different frisbees for different shots, just like different clubs in golf? I can't wait to start scoping out the resale shops for frisbees now. We were at the park the majority of the day and it was so relaxing and enjoyable. Afterwards, we drove around Red River to see what had changed since we were last there - not much;) Life moves slower in the mountains for sure!

On the way home, we stopped to collect some really beautiful quartz like shiny rocks for Dalton's collection - precarious...a 4 year old with a rock in his hand. Please say a prayer every time the thought comes into your mind.

We came home and watched an awesome movie called Alaska. Totally worth searching out. A dad crashes his plane in Alaska and his 2 kids brave the outdoors to rescue him when everyone else seems to have given up hope. You should give it a try!

Now, the boys, without any prompting from me, are wearing vampire teeth and flaring up at eachother. It is hilarious! - And a little odd...

I'm searching for new crock pot recipes to ease the burden of figuring out what is for dinner at the end of a 10 hour day for the next 3 weeks. If you've got any great recipes, please shoot them to me. If I live through these three weeks, I'll be able to live through any job that anyone could throw my way. Wish me luck!


I am a retard and left the memory card from the camera in the computer today. Although I don't have any real proof, this day really did happen. I promise;)

1 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

I beleive it really happened, I believe you.