CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

What a week!

I intended to have the picture of Roxanne, my sis at the end of the blog, but here she is front and center as she would probably like it anyway... This picture is from when she came to visit just after Delyla was born. There's more about my cool rocker sister at the end of the blog.
We had a really busy and fun week! Jon has a great friend named Randy who came over and helped him rebuild the engine on an old jet ski we have. The kids had a blast riding on it. Dalton is quite a dare devil and wanted to go fast! He is certainly his dad's son... I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't think I can handle two of them. We had a great afternoon bike ride. As you can tell Dalton was entertaining Delyla with something very funny. She is usually a little afraid to be in such close proximity to Dalton - he tends to be a little loud and rough, but they loved riding in the little bike trailer together.
Later in the week we actually loaded them up and rode to the pool. It was a wonderful excuse to not have to carry sooooo much junk (floats, toys, snacks...). We didn't miss anything and by the time we got home, we were pretty dry and Delyla had fallen asleep on Dalton's shoulder. It was just precious.
Darion got a great new bike this week. We ran his old one over with the truck;) The new one is silver and blue like the Dallas Cowboys. Go Dallas!!! He loves the pegs and yes, he has taken it off of some gnarly jumps.
Here I am putting up the facade that I am actually athletic. My bottom is really sore from the bike seat. They aren't very friendly on the rear that's for sure, but neither is having 3 kids...
Along with a double chin, I got a new haircut this week. I told my sister Roxanne I would post a pic of it. Believe me, this will probably be the first and last sort of close picture you will ever see of me on this blog. If anyone had asked other than Roxanne, I would probably have said nooooo way. Jon and I were on the way to have a hot date... I know, big shocker. Our last date occurred when I was about 5 months pregnant with Delyla and she is now almost 9 months old. He takes me out once a year whether he likes it or not... We had dinner and walked around the mall with most of the teenagers in the area. Afterwards, we went to DQ where we were by far the coolest people and had some ice cream. We read the personal ads in those want-ad type news papers and decided that we are pretty lucky to have eachother. If you are a SWF btwn the ages of 30-40 of medium build (as I am), your choices are DWM, 60-70 looking for companionship or GWM looking for a change. Prrreeettttyyy Scary! It was funny to look at and laugh though!


Up top is a pic of my lovely Sister who is soooooo amazing! She has been battleing Hodgkin's Lymphoma for over a year now. She's undergoing intense ICE chemotherapy this month and goes in for a stem cell transplant next month. I've never known anyone as independent as her. We are just like night and day. She's stubborn and brave! There are a million qualities that she has that I envy. She is really able to speak her mind, even if it is about something that will make her upset. She has strong opinions about things. Roxanne is an awesome seamstress and is an artist with a needle and thread. You should see that beautiful needle point, cross-stitch stuff she does. Anyway, she totally rocks from her balding (thanks to chemo) head down to her tattooed toes - well, the tattoos aren't actually on her toes, but who knows, maybe someday right Roxanne? I love you!

4 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

Great Pictures and Musings!! I love the shot of Auntie Roxanne with miss Delyla- you forgot to post about your singing in the all hot chicks choir- that is a bloggable event for sure!!

April said...

The picture of Dalton and Delyla is adorable! Your family is so cute! Kudos to your sister for everything she has gone through, it looks like from the picture that her determination is so strong to overcome this! Love ya

KCsMomma said...

So cute! I love this blog!

KCsMomma said...

kareena....invite me to read your blog already! hugs, Karla