CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

OOPS!

Not meaning to toot my own horn, Kareena chastised me for not mentioning my singing debut at the Pine Trails Ward... Scary ! Along with my lovely friends Megan and Brianne, we rocked the house with a rendition of Israel, Israel God is Calling - accompanied by the famous (perhaps infamous...) Kareena at the piano. We of course tricked it out by using the words of They the Builders of the Nation for the first 3 verses and ended with an accapella 4th verse from the actual Israel, Israel song. It was really fun to get together with my friends and share our talents. Our tribute to our pioneer heritage.

I never knew what all of the gibberish at the back of the hymnal was talking about where it shows songs with the same meter. We really had fun finding two songs with the same meter and singing the words of one to the tune of another. I guess even old dogs(moms, - same thing right?) can learn new tricks.

On the serious side though, it was a lovely experience and I really felt the spirit as I sang the song. Megan and Brianne have such angelic voices and Kareena tickles the ivories with splendor. Thanks to my talented friends for including me in the plan!

0 comments: