CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Awww Heck...

Well, the New Year's resolution is trashed. How many of you have made it this far? My resolution was to refrain from eating the ever so convenient array of fast food available this year. I've been doing super well, not even a craving for a salty greasy french fry and a ginormous root beer. So here's how my resolution was crushed beneath 10 grimy little hands - well, 6 hands and 4 paws to be precise. Jon (the peron to blame) has been watching a million web-sites where people post pets to sell - I was unaware of course until my driving skills were necessary to pick up the "perfect" puppy...Did I mention said pick up was in Austin? My niave, sweet little heart got the best of me and made a household of 3 boys (yes Jon is included with the children) and 1 little girl eternally grateful - if no one steals the puppy. Jon came home Tuesday night with pictures of a group of adorable german shorthair pups. Shanny, our old chocolate lab that died last year, was half german shorthair, so we are familiar with the breed and have always talked about getting one someday. Well, someday became yesterday. What I assumed would be an easy quick drive to Austin turned out to be an exhausting drive 3 hours there with 3 kids...and four hours back with three kids and a teeny weeny puppy the size of a small hairless guinea pig. This little puppy is sooooo much smaller than Brett was when we brought him home. I was actually worried that the breeder lady had mislead me as to the day of their birth...., but the pup is eating, drinking, pooping and peeing. Aside from being so teeny that a misstep by Delyla would probably really injure if not kill her, she is great. She slept in the little kennel up on my bed last night. I was too afraid I'd roll over and squash her. She slept straight through until about 4:30 this morning, squealled (sp?) and peed on the carpet the instant I sat her down. She squealled and grunted through my morning work out with me - she grunts like a little piggie sometimes. Now, she's napping in the port -o- crib safely out of harms way(delyla is the harm...). I'll post pictures later to show you how adorable she is. Can't wait to show her off!!!

Anyway, because of the doggie trip, I ravenously tore into some McDonalds yesterday. It was awful, but it filled my belly for atleast 30 minutes until I was hungry for another meal... Today's nutrition has been better. I did eat a baked potato for lunch followed by 3 chocolate chip cookies though. Those of you who have had my chocolate chip cookies will know why I couldn't resist... and well, anything I make has to be more nutritionally sound than old Ronnie McD right?

Wish me and my resolution and the nameless puppy good luck...

0 comments: