CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Walking in a Winter Wonderland... Oh Christmas Tree!
















We had an amazingly fun and exhausting excursion yesterday. A quest....for the perfectly imperfect Christmas Tree. Where we live is a little bitty house situated towards the front of a 10 acre lot. Up behind the house is beautifully forested state land covered in newly fallen snow just itching to be ruined by our fumbling foot steps. WE all bundled up like eskimos and went out with chainsaw in hand to find our tree. We stopped for the boys to roll down the hills, and make snow angels. We stopped to take a few pictures of the scenery too - breathtaking! WE stopped a gazillion times to put Delyla's gloves on - again. She was quite the primadonna on this outing. She didin't want to ride in the sled or walk most of the time, so we alternated carrying her and most of the pictures with her in them, she is crying or frowning.

At the end of about a 30 minute trek, we found the prettiest, strangest Christmas tree! You can see in one of the pictures, Jon in his brown jacket is laying in the snow with the boys waiting for Delyla and I to catch up - my mountain man with his chainsaw....mmmmm. The trunk of the tree splits near the bottom and shoots up nice and straight with two stems. It is very full and just looks so Christmassy in the living room. Jon just finished putting up the lights and we hung decorations. The living room is so tiny, that you can't help but brush up on the tree when you walk around the arm chair, which frees up that delicious piney smell. What started out as an adventure, ended as a cozy day in front of some football with friends on the way. I love Christmas!

3 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

I love these posts- how wonderful to have Jon home on weekends! I hate to admit that you all look sooo happy, I kind of wish you were sad and planning to move back here... boo hoo- The kids are adorable and I love that Darion is making sure all children are vampires! Miss you tons!

geraldandmeganlove said...

Where is the picture of the final product? Reminds me tons of Idaho. There is nothing better then the smell of pine at Christmas.

Robyn said...

Ok, so I have to admit, I wasn't checking your blog out too often because you weren't updating. BUT NOW YOU ARE! And I will comment and send you loves. LOVING the chainsaw man myself (if you know what I mean, in an appropriate way:)) Looks like you are enjoying life. Love the pic of the kids and Delyla rearing her head back in anger. I want to bite her head off she is so cute. Can you imagine your life without her...or the boys? You're the best.