CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 17, 2008

What makes me happy?

I've been thinking alot about what actually makes me happy and then tonight as I was looking through my camera and uploading pictures, it hit me, that I've got everything I need to be happy right here and right now. I've got a wonderful family full of love and kindness. I've got great friends all over. I've got a home to live in and a car to drive and I can almost afford to fill it up now! I've got an amazing, romantic, hard working husband and three unbearably adorable, smart and fun children. My parents are supportive and kind and thoughtful, as are my siblings. We all seem even closer than we were as kids. But most of all, even if I didn't have any of these things, I've got my faith to sustain me through any trial that could test my happiness quotient. I rarely lack the ability to "get happy" and have always been told by people that I just smile all of the time and radiate a kind of joy. I know that I am this way because of my testimony of The Church and of Jesus Christ. I wish I would have known it when I was younger.



Here are some pictures of my kids doing some of the things that make me happy. I have to live vicariously sometimes because I'm so busy, but it really shows that we do have some good times together! I had trouble posting the pictures where I could type around them, so here's the description followed by the pictures. Aren't my kids the bomb?

Hanging out with friends (here's Dalton with his preschool buddies) , Being a goof ball and laughing (Darion in his Indiana Jones hat being goofy at his birthday party), digging into some major chocolate without any guilt (I helped a little), being outdoors (a cool breeze), playing with Delyla (she has 3 pacifiers which made her very happy that day), a nice warm bath without interruption ( here's Delyla getting a bath after a messy dinner - she was too messy for the tub and went straight to the sink!), finding joy in everyday things (like a new park with a water area), a good book (this is my ultimate best day, A good book)...








3 comments:

Arzed said...

Adorable children.. Pls visit me at www.arzed.blogspot.com

SweetmamaK said...

Love it Gala!!! Thanks for the uplift and thanks for Being Quentin's surrogate!

Brianne said...

I love it! I think your children are just so beautiful too. I've thought about doing a post like this, but couldn't think of how to word my thoughts. Very nice and just the little boost we can all use.