CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Well, I guess I am going to have to face the facts... The blogging world just can't have been the same the last few weeks without my clever ramblings blocking everyones network... It just seems that I don't have enough time to even wash my hair! We have been soooo busy.
My parents came to stay with us for a week and a half after the storm and then headed up to take care of my sister during her stem cell transplant (which seems to be going as well as it can be when you erradicate your entire immune system...). We had some fun and silly times while they were here. Luckily, once they spoke to contractors and got bids on repairing the damage their beach house took from Ike, the house didn't require as much work as they had originally thought. They should be able to move back in whenever they are ready, which was probably yesterday right? However, being the wonderful parents that they are, they are lovingly caring for Roxanne and I'm sure she really appreciates and needs the help.
Jon and I evacuated with the boys to Waco during Hurricane Ike and had a great time at Grandma's house with Jon's two brothers. I'll have to post the pictures. We ate and ate and ate and watched movies and played baseball. Good Times, Good Times.
When we got home we had a couple of days without power, but all in all, we were very blessed. We had food, power, and Jon home until the car dealership opened back up. It was heaven. We just never get to spend much time with him. Thanks to Ike, we got almost 2 whole weeks. Now, if we could get two weeks where we aren't evacuating, that would truly be heaven.
Once power was back on, we got back to the normal chaos that is the Family Bohannon. I am keeping an extra little guy named Garrett during the day. He is almost 3 and has giant blue eyes. Such a sweetie! He and Dalton get along really well. I keep 2 other kids after school too. They come home about the time that Darion does and the the party really starts. Now I know what all of those typical Mormon moms feel like. Six kids is alot to have around and I only have them all together for a couple of hours. I actually enjoy it most days and really am glad to be able to be a mom and work and earn money without having to put my babies in daycare.
We have a Great book club group. Most of the girls are from church. Most of the time we actually discuss the book. All of the time it is super fun, great stress relief and uplifting too. We have read some wonderful books so far. I'll have to update my Shelfari to show. We are going to tackle a few books this month in a round robin kind of way I think. I love to read and never seem to have enough time. I love to read a book that one of my friends says is worth my time. Just knowing that I won't be disgusted or offended or bored half way through is worth so much when my time is so limited. We're reading a book called Emma by Anita Stansfield that is a retelling of Joseph and Emma Smith's relationship. A little sappy, but enjoyable and romantic. We're also going to read a book called No One Can Take Your Place by Sheri Dew. It will hopefully help us to reaffirm our faith and give us all strength to be witnesses of Jesus Christ as times get tougher. The last Sheri Dew book we all read was so awesome. I have high hopes for this one too. The third book is called The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It was recommended on Stephenie Meyer's web-site and sounds really engrossing . I imagine that when it is my turn with that book, that my family will be put on hold and I will be ordering pizza so that I can read it and read it fast.
My birthday came and thankfully went without too much of a bang. I didn't see any new wrinkles in the mirror, even if there are a few more pounds on the scale. Maybe the extra pounds are filling in the wrinkles for me. Maybe I shouldn't try to lose weight at all. Skinny or wrinkled? What would you choose???
I'll try to post some pics of my little sweeties later this weekend. Delyla has 2 little teeth on the bottom now and almost enought hair on top to do a silly little pony tail like Pebbles Flinstone. I imagine that she'll be walking any time now. Girls are so cool! Dalton has had a little bit of a hard time since the hurricane. I think he's been feeling insecure, which means "mommy, hold me... all day" , but we're living through it. Who can turn down an adorable curly headed three year old with elephant tears in his eyes? Darion is plugging along in school. Reading more each day and whizzing through any math or art they throw his way. Such a neat kid. Jon is back to work and though the market is in a slump, he is working hard and selling as much as he can. All in all, we are great. The only thing that could make it better would be a house that doesn't need a bunch of work and a view worth looking at out the window. But, we'll be happy wherever we are.
On and on she droned whether anyone read or not. Cathartic therapy.... blogging rocks.

4 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

on and on she droned! LOL-
I was thinking one of the worst parts of the "road to recovery" post IKE- was not seeing you for like a month! I'm glad things are back to normal.

Brianne said...

You weren't droning!!! And I agree with Kareena that we didn't see each other for WAY too long! We still haven't really had much time to just sit and visit...maybe soon.

Robyn said...

Remember when I used to come over and you would feed me the yummiest meals while I was heavy laden? I didn't come over for that reason, but boy was it a benefit. I think you even let me nap once. Oh, how I miss you. You know, there are car dealerships in Montana!!! I still can't find a friend like you up here, so I will just have to convince you to come. Remember when we went to Olive Garden...ok, enough of the memories. Miss you lady.

KCsMomma said...

I already put this on Kareena's blog, but I really think we need a girl's night out planned to go see the movie Twilight. What do ya think?? :)

Miss ya! Hugs!!